200hrs YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
2-24 August 2022
Join us this summer for a deep immersion in yoga practice, theory and teaching at the Amara Valley forest paradise in northern Catalunya.
· Anatomy & Physiology: The Main Body Systems
· The Fundamental Asanas
· The Roots of Yoga
· Alignment & Key Actions for Better, Safer Practice
· Restorative Yoga
· The Essence of Vinyasa Flow Yoga
· Active Core Movement
· Subtle Anatomy & The Energetic Body
· Understanding Bandha
· Yama, Niyama & Yogic Philosophy
· Sequencing & Teaching
· Yin Yoga
· Cultivating Internal Strength & Energy Levels in Your Practice
· Nerve Reflexes & Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation
· Upgrading from Asana to Mudra
· Yogic Nutrition
· Kriya Yoga
· Dynamic Meditation
· Full Sequence Synergy Practice
· Pranayama & Breathwork
· Finding Your Voice as a Teacher
· Online Presence & Business of Yoga
· Vedanta, Self-Knowledge & Consciousness
· Yoga Nidra
· Mantra Yoga
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
This Synergy yoga training will revolutionize the depth, safety and effectiveness of your yoga practice, helping you develop better energy levels, organ health, strength & flexibility, breath capacity, and internal sensitivity.
We’ll give you a firm grounding in everything from yoga history to anatomy and biomechanics, and equip you with the tools to confidently understand and teach yoga.
Fusing modern scientific exercise physiology and dynamic flow practices with the ancient wisdom of the yoga tradition, this comprehensive training will teach you:
- Effective, safe Yoga practices for modern bodies
- Innovative postures, sequences and movements to cultivate Flow states
- Fundamental anatomy & physiology of Hatha Yoga
- Teaching methodology & finding your voice as a teacher
- Yogic philosophy & history
- Living your Yoga on and off the mat
Course completion will accredit you for the RYT-200 certification with Yoga Alliance, the world’s largest and most well-known yoga teacher licensing body, or towards the Continuing Education requirements for current teachers.
WHO IS THIS INTENSIVE TRAINING FOR?
If you are a yoga or movement practitioner interested in deepening your practice or moving toward teaching, or someone already teaching who wants to take their transmission of yoga to another level, this will be a formative and transformational experience. Immerse yourself in daily practice, learning not just what to practice but how and why, with experienced and inspiring teachers.
You will leave this training with a comprehensive foundation for understanding of yoga, and how to make a yoga practice effective for modern bodies, on physical, physiological, energetic and mental levels; how to lead classes with safety, confidence and authenticity; plus a deeper personal practice supercharged by daily practices that will inspire and invigorate you!
Offering well-researched and innovative techniques for practice and teaching, backed up by extensive studies of physiotherapy, molecular biology, neuroscience and many styles of yoga, the Synergy Yoga method offers deep insight into addressing the needs of modern people, and avoiding common issues arising from many styles of contemporary practice. In this training course you will learn practical solutions to make your yoga practice and teaching safer for all bodies and levels, making you and any future students stronger, more flexible, and more energized.
Morgan Palmer Hubbard and Ben Dessard are the resident yoga teachers at Amara Valley. Drawing on many different yogic trainings including in-depth training with Simon Borg-Olivier since 2013, they offer a vibrant, modern approach to yoga practice and lifestyle deeply inspired by Yoga, Vedanta, Buddhism, Burning Man, and nature, and informed by their backgrounds in psychology, music, nutrition, sports science and dance.
Amara Valley is a beautiful rustic retreat centre 1.5 hrs from Barcelona near Banyoles, with a range of accommodation options, beautiful outdoor and indoor facilities, peaceful landscapes and nature, delicious gourmet vegetarian food, and a large practice shala. All accommodation options below include all meals, and use of all facilities, including pool.
Summer is a time for nature to be in its full expression, and at this time of the year, so does your body. Good nutrition is an important pillar of the training and a highlight of the experience. Our chefs will prepare fresh, seasonal gourmet vegan living food that will help you detox, cleanse and energize your body, and that will help you integrate and fully absorbed the intensity of the practice and information received on the course. They will support every aspect of the training and will make you look forward to every meal!
GENERAL DAILY SCHEDULE
PRICING & RESERVATION
Accommodation options are available both as shared or private rooms (for private room, add 30%).
See below for prices of each option:
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- All classes, sessions, workshops, talks and activities
- Manual and Workbook
- Antigens Covid test on arrival
- 2 vegetarian/vegan meals a day (Brunch and Dinner)
- Afternoon snack
- Shared or private accommodation with bedding
- Tea and fruit throughout the day
- Wifi and use of facilities – pool, shala, sauna and outdoor grounds
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Massages and extra services
- Shower towel and outdoor towel
- Travel insurance
- Transport and travel costs
We will help create a ride share group for those without transportation
After registering through the online form there will not be any refunds available for cancellation. However if due to the Covid-19 situation we were unable to provide the services of the retreat by the new regulations in Girona then we would refund 100% of your reservation.