Frequently Asked Questions
Staying at Amara
Amara Valley has been created to offer all who come here a place of peace, tranquility, inspiration, support, insight and loving kindness. Upon arrival, our team will help you find your place to stay, and ensure you have everything you need to thrive during your time at the centre.
A minimum of 2 nights are necessary for group leaders to book at Amara.
Check in time is 3pm. Check out time is 11am. Special arrangements can be made to suit your needs.
There are a range of alternative options for stays at Amara, including volunteer work exchange, personal retreats, and artist residencies. Contact us for more information.
Yes! Our shared rooms are possible to share with another retreat guest.
How to Get Here
You will find the centre at the Masía Can Coll, 17834 Porqueres, Girona, Spain
Amara is located:
- 15 mins from Banyoles
- 45 mins from Girona International Airport and city
- 100 mins from Barcelona International airport and city
- Girona International Airport (45min)
- Barcelona International Airport (100min)
We can help your group to organise taxis from and to the airport. Fees will vary depending on time of arrival and time of the year.
By Public Transport
There are very reliable bus services running daily from Barcelona or Girona to Banyoles. You can find the timetables here:
Barcelona – Banyoles
Daily Bus service from Barcelona: c/ Pau Clarís, 117
One way trip – 14€
Girona – Banyoles
Daily hourly buses from RENFE train station
One way trip – 2,65€
From Banyoles bus station to Amara
- Taxi: can be found in front of the bus station, and cost about 20€
- Amara shuttle – we can organize pick up service for your guests at 15€ per trip. This service will need to be confirmed at least 48h prior to the start of the retreat.
· Full board: accommodation + all meals
· All workshops and activities according to the retreat or event
· Sheets, pillows and duvets
· Tea and fruit snacks
· Access to the grounds & facilities
· Transport to and from Amara
· Massages & other treatments
· Shop gifts
· Travel & personal insurance
You will need to bring a towel, and we recommend to bring a water bottle to have with you also.